Playlist

Local Folks Foods

Excellent Kosher Food

February 19, 2011

Triple D Comedy

I'm a big fan of Diners, Drive In's & Dives. From the first time I saw Guy Fieri, I KNEW this guy was a keeper because he seemed real. If anyone was right to do this show, he was tailor made to do this. Some episodes are just laugh out loud funny. I decided to take 5 of the funniest spots I've seen here. OK, not anything where I'm offering any cooking advise or the like but at the very least, I'm offering some comic relieve. This show has many of those and I'll feature 5 segments from past shows. The worst thing that could happen is that you'll get some comic relief. That much I promise. Notice that these places, for the most part, are all BBQ places or Southern places.

1. Uncle Lou's in Memphis. All I can say- "corruption" and "sweet spicy love":


2. Fred's Texas Cafe in Fort Worth, Texas. Cowboy chef!!!


3. Gorilla's BBQ in Pacifica, CA. Any place named Gorilla's is worth investigating.


4. Leo's BBQ in OK City, OK. "Much love" in this place.

5. West Virginia's Hillbilly Hot Dogs, featuring "the Homewrecker" hot dog. Me being a Chicago-area native, got a good laugh at this place. Eat it in 12 minutes, you get a free t-shirt. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment