OK. This is not exactly what I had in mind. As I watch Daytona 500 qualifying, I played around with my YouTube account and noticed something I thought nothing of. There are SO MANY solid cooks on YouTube and thought some of you might want to take a peek. Listed below are some of the channels I really enjoy. So now, I thought I would let you know about them (in no real order). Along with naming them, I posted one video from that channel. They all are easy to follow and are fun to listen to.
1. Betty's Kitchen. She is retired Math professor. I found her channel a few months ago. So retire from the academic world, become a hobby cook. It must be nice. Great variety here but this channel does have a Southern influence (good stuff).
-taken from "Betty's Kitchen" (http://www.youtube.com/user/bettyskitchen)
2. The Cajun Wife, also heavily Southern influence (duh) but some great Southern food here. Excellent step by step instruction (as with Betty's Channel). The problem is she hasn't posted a video in quite some time. This is one video I got hungry watching.
- taken from "The Cajun Wife Show" channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/cajunwife).
3. Cooking with Carolyn has a mix of regional foods. I can't say anything about her channel that she hasn't already done so. "My goal is to get you hungry and to get you cooking! Cooking should be fun and something for all to enjoy and take part in!" I think it worked.
- taken from "Cooking with Carolyn" channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/CookingWithCarolyn) :
4. The Frugal Chef (aka, Pastryparrot1). OK, I was somewhat a Jeff Smith fan back when. Her channel is pretty similar to Cooking with Carolyn. She covers a wide variety of food. No real emphasis other than trying to save money.
- taken from Frugal Chef (http://www.youtube.com/user/pastryparrot1)
5. BOW Ds ROCK N ROLL CAFE'. This tends to favor more Italian or meat dishes.
- taken from bowhunter2439 Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/bowhunter2439):
6. BBQMyWay Channel is just what it implies and more. Check out the authentic lasagna recipe video. The host (Dave) has a pretty good sense of humor. This is just one example of what he brings to the table. Wireless thermometer? Love it!!
-taken from BBQMyWay Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/BBQMyWay)
7. Food Wishes Channel. Chef John is a lot of fun to listen to. He, like the other hosts, are very pleasant to listen too. This guy I think is more a pro than the others I've listed. My goal was to give the hobby chefs the floor, but this guy was too good to pass up. He makes everything seem so eary to do.
- taken from Food Wishes Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes#p/u/26/C2r-Rs7oyQY)
(yes, this recipe is a guilty pleasure of mine)
8. Inez' Kockstudio is one of the first channels I found here. She has some great recipes but it also serves another purpose. Her channel helps me refresh my German (since she's German and speaks German in the videos). This might help you as well. For some, this may pose a problem for some. Then again, you may be able to follow by watching the ingredients she uses.
- taken from Inez' Kockstudio's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/seni70#p/u)
This was just a sample of channels I enjoy. I figured some of you may enjoy them as well (if you already don't know about them). Hope to get my camera fixed (or replaced ) very soon. I just have other priorities right now.