Playlist

Local Folks Foods

Excellent Kosher Food

October 11, 2010

Hungry Hound: Focus on BBQ

I enjoy many of the local news specialty segments. One I enjoy a great deal (when I can see it) is "The Hungry Hound", seen locally on ABC 7 Chicago. So this time around, I decided to share some of the segments he featured on BBQ. At the very least, you may get some inspiration in your cooking. Here are some of the segments (some more recent than others). Steve Dolinsky is the host. He had some huge shoes to fill when he replaced the late James Ward. He was the right guy for the job, having won James Beard Awards for his work on radio and tv.  Since he took over this Friday evening staple, he's done a fantastic job. I hope you like these segments. All the locations are located in Chicago.

Lilly's



Chicago Q, featuring KOBE Beef Brisket. I REALLY hope to try this soon.



Honky Tonk BBQ. I ate here about 1 1/2 years ago & liked it. It's pretty informal (as opposed to the more formal Chicago Q listed above). I had the St Louis Ribs and liked them.

Paulina Market, a good place for smoked meats (not just BBQ alone). It's been about a year since I went here but this is a good source to get some good sausages. If it's a type of meat you want, chances are you'll find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment